Thursday 26 April 2012

A DETONATION ONE TOO MANY

So I woke up this morning and something felt weird. For once I did not go thru my usual ritual of going though my my bb updates, going thru all my usual websites (not calling names), did not bother putting on the tv to listen to music while I showered and got ready for work. Finally picked up my phone and couldnt come up with a status or a display picture to put so I just put up a black pic. Anyway fast forward a few hours later and I am already settled into the affairs of the day at  the office and I had to go to another floor to pick up some documents and just by the elevator there was this lady sitting on the staircase, looking somber and I coulda sworn she had tears in her eyes. My mama always told me to mind my business so I just ignored and did what I had to do. Ok my mama never thot me that but I just ignored before she thinks I want to toast her. Anyway I later go downstairs for a cigarette break and I see the same lady walking towards the gate. I over hear her say that there was a bomb blast at her office and I think to myself, surely she aint from afghanistan or the like. Definitely no bombs in Abuja cos its been quiet, a lot of security at every office, hotels, ministries, banks even my local mama put, Niger Delta restaurant or starch and banga as abuja residents call it has security there. So whats she talking about? Anyway cig break over and I make my way back to the office and there is a buzz around about a bomb blast at Thisday office in Mabushi then I look at my bb updates and yep, everyone is talking about it. Pictures abound, the work for the day is put on hold as we all deliberate, curse the usual suspects and sigh then we find out that there was another bomb blast in Kaduna too. More gossip, more bb updates, less work done.
So what happens next? Security is "beefed" up, the culprits chill for a while and we all go back to acting like nothing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment