Tuesday 13 August 2013

Canary in the Bank

So last weekend, there I was at one of my bank branches waiting in line to deposit some lean change and all of a sudden I hear this loud 'lalalalalaaa-mmmhhhmmmm' hum right by my ears.

I turn around startled like WTF? there is this dude right behind me who just starts singing. Low but audible enough for people around to hear. So I just ignore him for a bit hoping it would die down. Hey most of us have that one song that just comes to mind and we just let out a lil tune. Anyway, this guy ain't most of us oh he just kept singing away like he hoped to get discovered by some talent scout just like in the movies.

Sorry mate, not today. For 2 reasons. (1) Not like I am a vocal coach or anything but I would say I have a good ear for music and my man, you cant sing to save your life. (2) It's almost 4pm on a Friday, nobody is interested in what your voice sounds like. We are only interested in making sure accounts are fed and finances withdrawn for the weekend not a freaking awfully sounding One-Man Live Band. Park well. 

With that being said, keep your talent within and wait for the appropriate time (which I doubt will ever present itself). I guess that was the drank thinking, it was the Freakin' WEEKEND after-all.

PEACE

LDV II.

No comments:

Post a Comment